The Toronto District School Board (TDSB) is one of the largest public-sector land owners in the city, with a portfolio of approximately 612 properties valued at as much as $20 Billion. These properties include operating schools; non-operating (closed) schools; administrative, maintenance and warehouse buildings and vacant land. To oversee this portfolio the TDSB created the Toronto Lands Corporation (TLC) of which the TDSB is the sole shareholder.
TLC’s responsibilities include:
- Managing the disposition of TDSB surplus properties.
- Negotiating and managing agreements that involve TDSB properties with external organizations.
Land use planning
Participating in the City of Toronto’s land use planning process in order to:
- Understand how the city is changing and the need to accommodate future students.
- Re-develop or acquire land to accommodate new schools in high-growth areas.
- Ensure TDSB properties are maximized for educational and community use.
To learn more, please visit:
Toronto Lands Corporation
TDSB - Strategy and Planning