Adult Day School Teachers
We are accepting new applications for Continuing Education Adult Day School Programs through the secondary online application process. The application can be found at the bottom of this page. Learn more about Adult Day Schools.
Secondary Application Requirements
The TDSB invites applications from qualified candidates to apply for the 2022-23 school year. Applicants are required to apply online using our electronic application process for consideration for our Secondary Teaching Eligible to Hire (ETH) list and Occasional Teaching opportunities.
All applicants must complete a new application for consideration in the 2022-23 recruitment process. New applications will be accepted starting on January 1, 2022. Only one application is accepted per person each calendar year. While applications are accepted at any time, we encourage you to apply in January and February to be considered for early interviews.
1. Your application must include the following documents (in .pdf or rich text format only) for application:
- Online application form
- Cover letter addressed to David Moore, Senior Manager, Secondary Teaching Office
- Résumé (maximum two pages)
- Copy of Certificate of Qualification (Faculty of Education students must provide a copy of certification upon graduation. Please contact the Ontario College of Teachers for further information)
- Copies of practice teaching reports (faculty students) OR teacher evaluation reports (experienced teachers)
- Reference letters (optional)
2. If you are unable to upload your supporting documents, please mail them to:
Secondary Recruitment Centre
5050 Yonge Street, 2nd floor
Toronto, Ontario M2N 5N8
3. Complete your online application within 48 hours of starting or it will expire. Once submitted, you can make changes to it (with your applicant ID number and password).
Once You Have Applied
- Secondary candidates can receive acknowledgement of application by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not provide confirmation of application package by phone.
- All applications will remain active for a period of one year.
- Selection for interview is based on the applicant’s package in reference to the TDSB system needs for the school year. Interviews will be conducted in all subject certifications. Identified needs for secondary include combinations of qualifications as determined throughout the school year.
- Due to the high volume of candidates, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Interviews will begin in February 2022 and continue as the need presents throughout the calendar year.
COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Procedure
The TDSB has developed a COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Procedure for Employees, Trustees and Other Individuals (PR734) to protect the health and safety of employees, students, families, and community members from COVID-19 and ensure all schools and workplaces are as safe as possible in the context of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Prior to their first day of work, new employees joining the Board must be fully vaccinated (subject to TDSB-approved exemptions) and show proof of vaccination as a condition of employment.
The Toronto District School Board adheres to equitable hiring and employment practices. We strive to meet the accommodation needs of persons with disabilities. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs for accommodation known in advance during the application process.