The Toronto District School Board (TDSB) welcomes students from all over the world to join us this summer for a fun and interactive learning experience. The International Leadership and Peer Support Program prepares international students to act in leadership and peer support roles. The program will bring together students from all over the world for a fun and interactive learning experience by applying 21st century global competencies and improving their English language skills. They will design and implement a plan for contributing to their community or school, engage in intensive study of the English language, life skills, and academic research skills, develop skills in communication, collaboration, teamwork, and problem solving; and apply those skills in leadership and peer support roles.
Upon the successful completion of this program, students will receive a Leadership and Peer Support GPP3O Ontario secondary school credit to be put towards their Ontario high school diploma.
- Initial diagnostic assessment to determine each student’s individual level and best learning strategy.
- Students in the program earn a grade 11 credit towards an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD).
- Emphasis on academic English writing and speaking.
- Active learning, engaging and Interactive face to face learning environment.
- World class TDSB designed and provincially regulated curriculum taught by highly experienced Ontario Certified Secondary Teachers.
- Start date: July 04, 2022
- End date: July 23, 2022
- Seven hours of daily learning Monday to Friday
- Weekly field trips on some weekdays and Saturdays (View a weekly schedule here)
- Registration Deadline: Friday, June 10, 2022.
- Monday July 4th is the first day of the program
- Wednesday July 13th mid term marks are submitted
- Tuesday July 19th is the last day to drop the course without record on transcript
- Friday July 23rd is the last day of the program
- With homestay, daily transportation (3 meals/day) - $4,700
- Without Residence - $2,500
Step 1: Please take a photo and/or download a copy of both the student and the parent/guardian passport (Note: These are required to submit an online application).
Step 2: If the custodian of the student is someone other than the parent/guardian please take a photo and/or download a copy of the custodian’s passport and fill out the custodian declaration form.
Step 3: Registration Form: Leadership and Peer Support International Summer Program
Credit Card Tuition Payment