*picture taken pre-COVID
The Toronto District School Board (TDSB) welcomes students from all over the world to join us this summer for a fun and interactive learning experience. The International Summer Leadership and Peer Support Program prepares international students to act in leadership and peer support roles. They will design and implement a plan for contributing to their community or school; develop skills in communication, collaboration, teamwork, and problem solving; and apply those skills in leadership and peer support roles. Upon the successful completion of this program, students will receive a Leadership and Peer Support GPP 30 Ontario secondary school credit. The program will be delivered online, through on the engaging and user-friendly platform called D2L Brightspace.
Students who have completed grade 9 and higher will take off on a journey of creativity and innovation through an inquiry-based online learning experience. In this program, students will learn by applying 21st century global competencies while improving their English language skills.
All classes will be taught online by highly qualified Ontario certified teachers, who are committed to providing all students with the best quality of education.
Online Code of Conduct
All policies, procedures, codes of behaviour and rules of the TDSB apply to those using online systems and resources provided by or on behalf of the TDSB. The "Code of Online Conduct" pertains to the use of online systems and resources. This Code has been prepared to protect the rights and safety of all.
- Online diagnostic assessment to determine each student’s individual level and best learning strategy.
- Active learning, engaging and online learning environment.
- World class TDSB designed and approved curriculum taught by highly experienced Ontario Certified Secondary Teachers.
- Flexible schedule and start date options
- Start date: July 5th, 2021
- End date: July 30th, 2021
- Five hours of daily learning Monday to Friday – schedule will depend on student’s time zone. Synchronous online instructions will take place 7:00-10:00 am Eastern Time (ET).
Registration Deadline: June 18th, 2021
- Monday July 5th is the first day of the program.
- Friday July 30th is the last day of the program.
- Registration Fee: $200
- Tuition: $1,800
- Total Fee: $2,000