Tell Us What Happened
The most important part of your complaint is your story.
Help us to understand your complaint by describing your story about discrimination and/or harassment in as much detail as possible. If there is not adequate space on the form, attach a separate document detailing the incident and how it is connected to the alleged discrimination or harassment..
Accommodations can be made for other forms of reporting when needed.
Tell us: who, what, where, why and how.
Describe what happened, who was involved, when it happened (day, month, year), where it happened, why you think it happened and, if applicable, how it is connected to one or more grounds of discrimination.
Give Us as Much Information as Possible
- Include any supporting documents.
- Indicate if there were any witnesses (names are not needed, for now, just the number of witnesses - refer to them as witness A, B, C, etc.)
- Indicate if your complaint was reported previously, to whom it was reported to, and what actions were taken.
- Make sure that your name and contact information are included in your complaint.
- Keep all information private and confidential. Refrain from discussing reported incidents with anyone other than those who may need to know and keep all information discussed at meetings confidential, You may share information with a Principal, Vice Principal, Superintendent, Trustee, or legal representative for the purpose of seeking advice.