At the TDSB, the French as a Second Language program continues to grow and we are looking for passionate, creative and innovative French teachers at both the elementary and secondary level to help meet this need. As a French language teacher, you will play a key role in inspiring learning and creating safe, healthy and inclusive learning environments for our students.
There are 28,050 students enrolled in immersion and extended French programs. To support both our teachers and students, we created an in-house French immersion reading diagnostic toolkit for students in grades 4-8 (includes texts, questions and support materials).
We provide teachers with ongoing professional learning opportunities in French, which include:
- Beginning Teachers’ Institutes
- Modules of Learning (in French)
- Exploration classroom opportunities
- Ministry Initiatives: DELF Correcteur training and CEFR initiatives
- Funding for professional learning experiences (e.g. OMLTA, ACPI)
- French Digital subscription-based resources
Learn more about the TDSB’s French programs.
How to Apply
Interested applicants for the elementary level are encouraged to apply here.
Interested applicants for the secondary level are encouraged to apply here.