The TDSB is accepting applications for Emergency Replacement Persons (ERP) through the ERP online application process. The application can be found at the bottom of this page.
Emergency Replacement Persons (ERPs) are not qualified teachers but individuals who, typically, have expressed an interest in working with students in a high school setting and present with an educational and/or work background that reasonably supports their use for coverage purposes in emergency situations.
ERP Application Requirements
The TDSB invites applications from candidates who are not certified teachers or pending certification from the Ontario College of Teachers. Applicants are required to apply online using our electronic application process. Only one application is accepted per person each calendar year.
1. Prepare the following required documents (in .pdf or rich text format only) for application:
- Cover letter
- Résumé (maximum two pages)
- Reference letters (optional)
2. If you are unable to upload your supporting documents, please mail them to:
Secondary Recruitment Centre
5050 Yonge Street, 2nd floor
Toronto, Ontario M2N 5N8
3. Complete your online application within 48 hours of starting or it will expire. Once submitted, you can make changes to it (with your applicant ID number and password).
Once You’ve Applied
- Secondary candidates can receive acknowledgement of application by emailing email@example.com. We do not provide confirmation of application package by phone.
- All applications will remain active for a period of one year.
- Selection for interview is based on the applicant’s package in reference to the TDSB system needs for the school year.
- Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.