Program Area Review
As part of The Secondary Program Review, a need for two new centralized arts programs was identified to improve equity of access to programs.
Westview Centennial Secondary School is one of two TDSB schools selected to offer new arts programs beginning in September 2024. Expanding arts programs to Westview Centennial Secondary School and Woburn Collegiate Institute is being done to provide better access for students in areas where there were none.
We have established a Program Area Review Team (PART) to provide opportunities for consultation, feedback, and community engagement. The PART includes students, parents/guardians/caregivers, the Principal, the Superintendent of Education, the Trustee and central TDSB staff. The main role of the PART is to propose a vision for the new arts program, provide feedback and share information with the school community.
We want to hear from you!
Please complete the survey below regarding this review.
The Final Report of the PART is now available:
- TDSB staff will review the PART’s recommendations and will write a staff report with its own recommendations, which may or may not be the same as those developed by the PART. (The PART report is attached to the staff report.)
- TDSB staff will present a report with their recommendations to the Board’s Planning and Priorities Committee on Wednesday, June 7, 2023, @ 4:30 PM, Boardroom, Main Floor, 5050 Yonge Street, Toronto.
- If you would like to share your thoughts in person with Trustees at the committee meeting or in writing, please contact email@example.com by 4:00 p.m. on Monday, June 5, 2023. For more information, please visit: https://www.tdsb.on.ca/Leadership/Boardroom/Delegations
- The staff report will be included in the Planning and Priorities Committee agenda and posted online by June 2, 2023 http://www.tdsb.on.ca/Leadership/Boardroom/Agenda-Minutes
- The Planning and Priorities Committee recommendations regarding the Program Area Review will be presented to the Board of Trustees at a meeting on Wednesday, June 14, 2023. The Board will make the final decisions about the schools in the review.
|Trustee, Ward 4: Matias de Dovitiis||Superintendent: Kurt McIntosh
|Administrative Liaison: Cindy Kim (416-395-8808)
|TDSB||Diana Panagiotopoulos ||System Superintendent
|TDSB||William Papaconstantinou||Centrally Assigned Principal
|TDSB||Reiko Fuentes ||Centrally Assigned Principal
|TDSB||Mervi Salo||Centrally Assigned Principal
|TDSB||Mary Moynihan ||Program Coordinator
|TDSB||Viktor Kuslikis||Design Services
|TDSB||Greg Patterson||Design Services
|TDSB||Fatima Bhabha||Planning Department
|TDSB||Giovanna De Girolamo||Planning Department
|TDSB||David Paltser||Planning Department
Meeting(s) - Community Engagement
Program Area Review Team’s Recommendations