Registration for visitors and visa students in Canada
ESL classes start every Monday of every week. To book your appointment for assessment and registration, call 416-393-0528. There is a $60 assessment fee to determine your English proficiency level and to help us place you in the class that suits you best.
Registration for international learners outside of Canada
Visitors to Canada who want to register for programs that are six months or less must:
- Obtain a visitor’s visa from your home country
- Register directly with our office: 2 Trethewey Drive – 3rd Floor, Toronto, ON M6M 4A8 or call 416-394-6237 / 647-462-5159
As an international student, you must bring your passport and proof of medical insurance when registering for any programs at the TDSB.
International students who want to register for programs that are six months or longer need to:
- Have a valid passport and any notarized supporting documents to be submitted along with their signed and dated application form for assessment by the TDSB
- Contact us directly at email@example.com to express interest in joining one of our TDSB programs.
- Complete the application form you receive from us by email.
- Meet the requirements of the program you wish to join in order for a conditional letter of acceptance to be issued by the TDSB to you or your agency.
- Make the tuition payment, payable to Toronto District School Board by: bank draft, money order, or wire transfer, after receiving the Conditional Letter of Acceptance.
- Once full payment is received, an Official Letter of Acceptance will be sent to you in your home country within 2-3 weeks.
- You can use the Official Letter of Acceptance to apply for a Study Permit at the Canadian consulate or embassy in your home country. (receiving the study permit may take between 2 weeks to 5 months depending on your location – so please apply as early as possible)
- Once you receive your study permit, you can book your flight ticket.
If your visa application is denied, all your tuition fees are returned less your ($200) registration fees.
ESL Program Fees
- Minimum period of study for ESL programs is two weeks
- ESL assessment fees $60
- International administration fees $200 (for students applying from outside of Canada)
Tuition (25 hours/week)
General ESL (CLB 1 – 9)
IELTS/TOEFL Test Preparation
Keyboarding and Computer
TDSB Certificate of Completion
Cancellation and Refund Policy and Procedure
A full tuition fee refund, less the administration fee ($200), will be granted if Citizenship and Immigration Canada does not issue the Study Permit. To obtain a refund, you must provide:
- The original Letter of Rejection from Citizenship and Immigration Canada
- The original TDSB Official Letter of Acceptance
- The original receipt of tuition payment
- A written refund request by the student including the name and address of the cheque recipient
There will be no refund of the tuition fee in the following circumstances:
- If the student chooses to withdraw for reasons other than the Study Permit has been denied by Citizenship and Immigration Canada
- If the student is found in violation of school regulations and asked to withdraw from the school
- If false medical information was given and conditions were not disclosed
In the event that your immigration status changes during the school year, you must contact the Continuing Education Department immediately.