Proposed Expansion of Eglinton Junior Public School
The TDSB is exploring the proposed rebuilding and expansion of Eglinton Junior Public School. Bazis, the developer of 744-758 Mount Pleasant Road has submitted a proposal to build a new, larger Eglinton Jr PS as part of a mixed-use development that would span the developer’s property and the Eglinton Jr PS site. The Toronto Lands Corporation, a real estate company owned by the TDSB that manages all real estate matters for the school board, advised that this may be an opportunity to address the accommodation pressures in the area.
Please follow this link to the Questions and Answers document.
- On June 29, 2022, the Board of Trustees approved the Toronto Lands Corporation to enter into negotiations with Bazis.
- The negotiations are based on specific TDSB requirements for the Eglinton Jr PS replacement school.
- Information is also being shared with Councillor Matlow and the South Eglinton Davisville Residents' Association (SEDRA).
- The next update will be in the Fall pending the outcome of the negotiations with Bazis.
- We are committed to keeping the community engaged throughout.
Meeting(s) - Community Engagement