The focus of the 2022 Elementary Literacy and Numeracy Summer School Program is to continue student engagement through the month of July. Programs, embedded in Literacy and Numeracy, are developed by the local summer school principal to reflect the local school focus.
Programs are offered in-person to students in K to Grade 8, from July 4 to July 29, 2022. This year, one online (remote) summer school program will be available.
- Program Dates: July 4-29, 2022
- Registration is online.
- Program delivery method is in-person this year. One remote (online) program is available. Please see full list of programs below.
- Most classes run for three (3) hours from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., except for seven (7) full day sites that run 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. which include: Alexander Stirling, Gracedale, Flemington, Parkdale, Rose Avenue, St.Margaret’s and Yorkwoods.
- Please note, there are limited spaces available for both in-person and remote (online) programs.
- The remote (online) program is NOT associated with a particular school. Students who are registered will be grouped by grade and assigned an online teacher.
Health and Safety
The TDSB takes direction from the Ministry of Education and Toronto Public Health related to Covid-19 protocols. We will continue to keep you informed of any direction changes that impacts our programming, which may include the transition to fully remote. All established health and safety precautions will continue through the summer. For more information and resources about in-person learning, please visit, www.tdsb.on.ca/School-Year-2021-22/Health-and-Safety
Devices for online learning
The Continuing Education Department will not be supplying students with digital devices for its summer programs. For TDSB students who need access to a device for the summer, they may request to borrow one from their home school. Non-TDSB students will need to provide their own digital devices to support their online learning. For more information about TDSB digital learning tools, please click here.
Below is a list of participating summer schools. Program delivery method is in-person. One remote (online) summer school program is available. To fill out an application, please click on the registration form link.
Please note - there are limited spaces available for both in-person and remote (online) programs.