The Toronto District School Board is the largest school board in Canada and one of the largest in North America. We have nearly 600 schools and serve approximately 245,000 students each year.
- 170,000 elementary students
- 75,000 high school students
- 1,400 international students
- 160,000 continuing education students
- 27,150 students are enrolled in immersion and extended French programs
- 22% were born outside of Canada
- There are over 120 languages spoken by TDSB students and their families.
- 16,500 permanent teachers (11,100 Elementary, 5,400 Secondary)
- 6,400 occasional teachers (4,600 Elementary, 1,900 Secondary)
- 13,000 permanent support staff and 5,000 supply/casual employees (including Designated Early Childhood Educators, professional support workers, caretakers, maintenance staff, IT support, administrators, etc.).
- 588 schools in total
- 472 Elementary Schools (including 7 Junior High Schools and 18 Elementary Alternative Schools)
- 116 Secondary Schools (including 1 Elementary/Secondary Alternative School, 20 Secondary Alternative Schools, 4 Caring and Safe Schools Programs and 5 EdVance Programs)