Come join the S4W members in our virtual café, where you can unwind, relax, connect with other students, and discuss mental health and well-being tips.
The pandemic has resulted in fractured student school socializations and therefore, the S4W will be co-hosting drop in virtual space for youth in Grades 9-12 to discuss mental wellness, strengthen social connections and hear voices, thoughts and ideas from youth at TDSB about how they are feelings, their perspectives, growth and brilliance and discuss strategies and coping skills with Professional Support Services co-facilitating with S4W. See dates and times below and if you are a student in Grade 9-12, please come join us!
Mark your calendars for our next Café Break sessions:
- February 16 from 5 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- Theme: What does mental health mean to Students & factors affecting mental health
- Breakout Room Topics for Smaller Discussion:
- Black History Month & reflections of Mental Health
- High school transitions & wellness
- What is SAD-Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Check out the flyer for all the details
- March 23
- April 20
- May 18
Students4WellBeing – or S4W – are a group of TDSB students in Grades 9-12 who support conversations about Mental Health and Well Being that intersect equity, student identities, lived experiences and voices with TDSB’s Mental Health Leads.
The S4W is comprised of a diverse group of volunteer students (e.g. racialized youth, 2SLGBTQI+ youth, youth with varying abilities etc.) from across the board and supported by TDSB Professional Supports Staff.
The mission of S4W:
- to inspire and educate students about mental health and well-being.
- to offer support and mental health resources
- to create a safe space and spread positivity 😊
In the spring and summer of 2021, the S4W co-facilitated Mental Health capacity building with over 100 secondary school students in TDSB. Modules about mental health and wellness were discussed with students who then created over 80 pieces of creative artwork to express “What Mental Wellness Means to Me.” The S4W, Yousra and Zora, curated these incredible, touching and beautiful images in a virtual museum.
Reflecitive Art -- Virtual Museum