The High Performing Athlete Programs provide academic programming and flexible scheduling for students-athletes who are involved in provincial, national or international level training and competition.
In order to meet the demands of intense training schedules, schools provide more flexible timetables in order to balance school with out of school commitments, so that athletes can strive for both academic and athletic excellence. Additionally, special consideration is given for school missed as a result of competition.
Elementary High Performing Athlete Programs
Hollycrest Middle School (Grades 4 - 8)
St. Andrews' Middle School (Grades 6 - 8)
Secondary Elite Athlete Programs
Northview Heights Secondary School (Grades 9 - 12)
Silverthorn Collegiate Institute (Grades 9 - 12)
Athletic Involvement Requirement
- In order to qualify for this program, athletes must provide documentation of a training schedule of at least 12 hours (elementary) or 15 hours (secondary) during the school week.
- Students must competing at a provincial, national, or international level of competition and this must be verified by a certified coach affiliated with a recognized club or organization.
- Applicants will either apply for a Morning Program (to accommodate afternoon training) or an Afternoon Program (to accommodate morning training).
- Applicants will be required to provide documentation outlining their athletic involvement, as outlined above along with evidence of their training schedule/routine.
- The central online application for the High Performing Athlete Programs will become available in early 2024.