How do SNPs work?
The primary focus of Student Nutrition Programs is to provide all students with healthy nutritious food to support student learning and wellbeing. Partial funding is provided through municipal and provincial grants.
To qualify for grants, each nutrition program in Toronto must follow these criteria:
- Provide nutritious food daily
- Offer food to all students regardless of their ability to contribute financially
- Promote ethnocultural sensitivity through menus and operations
- Maintain financial accountability and liability
- Fundraise through partnerships and parent donations
- Establish a Local Nutrition Program Committee for program planning and community consultation.
School Nutrition Program Grant Applications & Appeals
Talk to your school principal to include student nutrition as an agenda item at your next school council meeting!
Consult the TDSB student nutrition office for support: 416 394-7447
Student Nutrition Overview
Frequently Asked Questions by Parents