This Mental Health & Well-being Parent Partnership Committee was developed for parents to have voice and involvement in enhancing student mental health and well-being . The committee provides a voice for Parent/Guardian & Caregivers to identify and articulate mental health and well-being needs, resources and supports that would benefit parents/guardians of the TDSB. The committee is also responsible for advising on modes of communication in how information about mental health and well being can best be provided to parents/guardians.
“We will thoughtfully represent the Parent/Guardian & Caregivers community on the vital issue of Mental Health & Well-Being at the TDSB” and this work is grounded from the information received through the 2017 TDSB census.
- Connecting and engaging with School Councils & Families
- Collaborating with Mental Health Leads & MHWB-PSS(Mental Health & Wellbeing-Professional Support Staff) Committee
- Parent/Guardian & Caregivers: Providing a voice for parents/guardians & caregivers around their needs for supporting Mental Health & Well-Being of their children and school communities
- School Councils: Advocating for diverse relationship building through formal and informal school partnerships to bolster the wellness needs of all students and families
- TDSB Professional Support Staff, Mental Health & Wellbeing Committee: Continuing to provide a variety of targeted Mental Health and Well-Being workshops at the TDSB Parents & Caregivers as Partners conference. Sharing board Mental Health & Well-Being resources
- Increases awareness of the importance of Mental Health and Well-Being and the impact this may have on a child’s/youth’s overall success in school and life
- Creates a better understanding that all members of the school community can benefit from Mental Health and Well-Being awareness and positive mental health practices
- Helps Parent/Guardian & Caregivers to understand the various pathways for support both within the TDSB and with identity affirming community partners agencies.
All parents/guardians & caregivers are welcome to attend our Committee meetings. This committee primary goals are to support positive School climates, centering caring relationships, and supporting Identity Affirming partnerships in our school communities, to support student wellness.
If have any questions, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Meeting dates: The 3rd Monday of each Month: Flyer
6:30 PM - 8:00 PM (2023/2024 Dates)
- Monday, Sept 18
- Monday, October 16
- Monday, November 20
- Monday, December 18
- Monday, January 15, 2024
- Monday, February 2, 2024
- Monday, March 18, 2024
- Monday, April 15, 2024
- Monday, May 13, 2024
- Monday, June 17, 2024