This mental health & well-being parent partnership committee was developed for parents to have voice and involvement in enhancing student mental health and well-being . The committee provides a voice for parent/guardians to identify and articulate mental health and well-being needs, resources and supports that would benefit parents/guardians of the TDSB. The committee is also responsible for advising on modes of communication in how information about mental health and well being can best be provided to parents/guardians.
“We will thoughtfully represent the parent/guardian community on the vital issue of Mental Health & Well-Being at the TDSB” and this work is grounded from the information received through the 2017 TDSB census.
- Connecting and engaging with School Councils & Families
- Collaborating with Mental Health Leads & MHWB-PSS Committee
- Parents & Guardians:Providing a voice for parents/guardians around their needs for supporting Mental Health & Well-Being of their children and school communities
- School Counsels: Advocating for diverse relationship building through formal and informal school partnerships to bolster the wellness needs of all students and families
- TDSB Professional Support Staff, Mental Health & Wellbeing Committee: Continuing to provide a variety of targeted Mental Health and Well-Being workshops at the TDSB Parents as Partners conference. Sharing board Mental Health & Well-Being resources
- Increases awareness of the importance of Mental Health and Well-Being and the impact this may have on a child’s/youth’s overall success in school and life
- Creates a better understanding that all members of the school community can benefit from Mental Health and Well-Being awareness and positive mental health practices
- Helps parents/caregivers to understand the various pathways for support both within the TDSB and with identity affirming community partners agencies.
Meeting dates: The 3rd Monday of each Month: Flyer
- Sept. 19
- October 17
- November 21
- December 19
- January 16, 2023
- February 13, 2023
- March 20, 2023
- April 17, 2023
- May 15, 2023
- June 19, 2023
Call-in: 647 374 4685 | Passcode: 229797