All students who have an interest and passion for a particular area may apply to the centralized schools and programs.
Students are encouraged to attend Open House events and research the programs before submitting their application.
The online application is now closed. It was open from November 7 to November 25, 2022.
Where the number of applicants exceed the number of spaces available in a program, all eligible applicants will be included in the random selection process.
Each type of program (i.e. the Arts) will have a consistent application outlined on the programs’ webpage. Some types of programs require a supplemental application which will be available prior to November 7.
Students can apply to up to two Centralized Programs or Schools. If applying to two choices, the applications must be ranked. If accepted to the first choice program, they will not be considered for their second choice.
Students may also opt to be considered in other programs/schools of the same focus that have availability if they are not selected for their desired school.
Selection Process for Student Interest Programs
When the number of applicants for a program exceeds the number of spaces available in the program, students will be selected through a process that supports the TDSB’s commitment to improving representation among students in central student interest programs that reflect the diversity of the Board and the City.
Admission priorities for central student interest programs include the following:
- 20% of spaces reflect the TDSB and Toronto demographic for historically and currently underserved communities (students self-identifying as First Nations, Métis, Inuit, Black, Latin American and Middle Eastern);
- 50% of spaces for students self-identifying as female in Math, Science and Technology programs;
- Admission priority to students who reside in the City of Toronto.
As further demographic and registration data is gathered through the Student Census and the School Information System, additional groups of underserved students may be identified and data will allow for future prioritization through this process.
Random Selection Process Results
The random selection process for Central Student Interest Programs will occur centrally and all communication will come from email@example.com.
Please do not contact schools directly for selection results.
- December 8, 2022: Acceptances and waitlist status will be sent via email, to all applicants. Offers expire December 14, 2022 at 4:00 p.m. If you do not accept your placement by the deadline, the placement will be automatically declined.
- December 15, 2022: Second round of Acceptances and waitlist status will be sent via email, to all applicants. Offers expire December 21, 2022 at 4:00 p.m. If you do not accept your placement by the deadline, the placement will be automatically declined.
The waitlist for secondary programs will be maintained until February 22, 2023.
The waitlist for elementary programs will be maintained until March 22, 2023.
If a spot becomes available for a student before that time, you will receive a placement email with a specific deadline to accept or decline.
If you need to change an application after it has been submitted, TDSB students should contact their current school. Non-TDSB students can make their change request via email to SecondaryReview@tdsb.on.ca