The TDSB offers SWAC in partnership with four GTA colleges (Centennial, George Brown, Humber and Seneca College). This program offers students between the ages of 17-20 the opportunity to earn secondary school credits and two college-delivered Dual Credits on a college campus, which also count towards their OSSD and college transcript.
2021-2022 School Year Update: Please note that some of our college sites are still closed to Students due to the ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic. We welcome you to visit the links below to find out more about each site, and the alternative learning location that has been selected until Colleges reopen. We hope to return to campuses in the new year. Students will have the opportunity to select a virtual or in-person learning option when choosing their SWAC program.
The primary focus of the SWAC program is to support students who are disengaged and underachieving with the potential to succeed in an adult learning environment.
- Must be between the ages of 17-20, in grades 12/12+
- Should have completed at least 22-25 credits
- Completed OSSLT or attempted OSSLC
- Must be in a position to recover credits in a SWAC Credit Recovery classroom to support a future application to post-secondary
- In a graduating position by June
- Demonstrates evidence of independent learning skills
- Preparing for transition to post-secondary
All interested students are encouraged to make an appointment with their guidance counsellor to discuss the above criteria and this exciting opportunity!
- FREE TTC metropass for all participating students
- FREE nutrition program on each campus
- Free tuition, supplies, textbooks, excursions, and a college student ID card
- Access to college services, including; libraries, tutoring, counselling, and accessibility services
- CPR & First Aid Training
For more information about SWAC programs, please contact:
Amanda St.Louis, Coordinator of Student Success, Dual Credit, SWAC & Learning to 18:
Eric Lawrence, Centrally Assigned Dual Credit Teacher:
SWAC Program Overview
Dual Credits & SWAC page