The Elite Athlete Programs provide academic programming for students who are elite athletes involved in regional, provincial, national or international competition.
In order to meet the demands of intense training schedules, schools provide more flexible timetables in order to balance school with out of school commitments, so that athletes can strive for both academic and athletic excellence. Additionally, special consideration is given for school missed as a result of competition.
Secondary Elite Athlete Programs
Birchmount Park Collegiate Institute
Northview Heights Secondary School
Silverthorn Collegiate Institute
Athletic Involvement Requirement
- In order to qualify for this program, athletes must provide documentation of a training schedule of at least 15 hours during the school week.
- Students must competing at a provincial, national, or international level of competition and this must be verified by a certified coach affiliated with a recognized club or organization.
- Applicants will either apply for a Morning Program (to accommodate afternoon training) or an Afternoon Program (to accommodate morning training).
- Applicants will be required to provide documentation outlining their athletic involvement, as outlined above along with evidence of their training schedule/routine.
- Students will be asked to complete and submit a letter of intent.