The Elite Athlete Programs provide academic programming for students who are elite athletes involved in regional, provincial, national or international competition.
In order to meet the demands of intense training schedules, schools provide more flexible timetables in order to balance school with out of school commitments, so that athletes can strive for both academic and athletic excellence. Additionally, special consideration is given for school missed as a result of competition.
Elementary Elite Athlete Programs
Hollycrest Middle School (Grades 4 - 8)
In November 2022, students may apply for admission to Grades 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8. Students will be admitted in Grades 5 - 8 if space is available.
St. Andrews’ Middle School (Grades 6 - 8)
In November 2022, students may apply for admission to Grades 6, 7 and 8. Students will be admitted in Grades 7 - 8 if space is available.
Athletic Involvement Requirement:
- In order to qualify for this program, athletes must provide documentation of a training schedule of at least 12-15 hours during the school day.
- Students must competing at a provincial, national, or international level of competition and this must be verified by a certified coach affiliated with a recognized club or organization
- Applicants will either apply for a Morning Program (to accommodate afternoon training) or an Afternoon Program (to accommodate morning training)
- Applicants will be required to provide documentation outlining their athletic involvement, as outlined above along with evidence of their training schedule/routine.
- If the number of eligible applicants exceeds the number of spaces available, a random selection process will be used.