Special Education programming helps all students reach their full potential. Our schools offer a wide range of supports and services for students and their families.
We are committed to ensuring that:
Special Education Plan
- All students with exceptionalities are welcomed, included and supported in our schools
- Intensive programs and supports for students with unique strengths and needs are available in sites across the TDSB
- Effective collaboration and problem solving between staff, parents and students is a priority
- Our facilities are fully accessible to students, families, staff and the community whenever possible
- Research and effective practice guide us in our efforts to better serve our students
Each year, we review and update our Special Education Plan
to ensure that we continue to meet the needs of students. This process allows us to review current practices and to form important partnerships with community supports.
Parents’ Guide to Special Education
The Parents' Guide to Special Education
is designed to provide you with information about the Special Education Program Recommendation Committee (SEPRC) process, the Identification, Placement and Review Committee (IPRC)
process, and to set out the procedures involved in identifying and placing a student who is exceptional.