The following documents are required when registering a child to attend a TDSB school:
- Proof of age (birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian Citizenship card or certificate or baptismal record).
- Proof of address, including any two of the following
current documents: Utility
bill (e.g. hydro, gas, water), cable TV, internet, or home phone bill, insurance
policy (home, tenant, auto or life), mortgage statement, rental or lease
agreement or deed, current purchase and sale agreement, property tax bill or
notice of tax assessment. Original correspondence from a government agency or
legal clinic may be accepted as a
second proof of
- Proof of immunization (the card that shows a list of needles your child has received):
1. Report online www.toronto.ca/studentvaccines.
2. If unable to report online, parents can provide immunization information to the school and the school will mail a copy to Toronto Public Health. Toronto Public Health accepts and translates foreign immunization records.
3. If requesting an exemption, call 416-392-1250.
- Verification of date of arrival, if your child was not born in Canada. Families who are permanent residents and refugee claimants may register directly at the school. Children without immigration status are welcome in our schools and information about them or their families will not be shared with immigration authorities. To register, please visit the International Programs and Admissions Office at 5050 Yonge Street, on the main floor, for a TDSB school admission letter.