Toronto District School Board
Skip to main content


Recommended browsers: Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Mozilla Firefox.

Current School Year 2023-24:

Register Kindergarten - Grade 12


If your address is linked to a technical or commercial boundary and you would like to register your child at one of the schools listed below for the current school year, please use this form: 

Register Grade 9 – Grade 12 for Schools with Technical or Commercial Programs

(Application to Central Technical School, Central Toronto Academy, Danforth Collegiate and Technical Institute, Northern Secondary School, Victoria Park Collegiate Institute, Western Technical-Commercial School)


Additional information/Resources

Collect the required documentation (see below) and start the online registration process. Required documentation can be uploaded within the application.

Junior and Senior Kindergarten: For more information, visit  

The Early French Immersion program begins in Junior Kindergarten (JK). Families who wish to have their child participate in an Early French Immersion Program  must apply in  November. To apply, please visit

For September 2024 entry, the application process will open on November 6, 2023 and close on December 1, 2023. Applications that are submitted after the deadline will be marked as late and accommodated if space in the program is available.

In February, only those families who applied in November and have  accepted an offer of placement for their child via the  central application process can register in Early French Immersion.    

 For further information and instructions, contact the school where you would like to register.

Required Documentation

The following documents are required when registering a child to attend a TDSB school:
  • Proof of age (birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian Citizenship card or certificate or baptismal record).
  • Proof of address, including any two of the following current documents: Utility bill (e.g. hydro, gas, water), cable TV, internet, or home phone bill, insurance policy (home, tenant, auto or life), mortgage statement, rental or lease agreement or deed, current purchase and sale agreement, property tax bill or notice of tax assessment. Original correspondence from a government agency or legal clinic may be accepted as a second proof of address document.
  • Proof of immunization (the card that shows a list of needles your child has received):
    1.  Report online
    2. If unable to report online, parents can provide immunization information to the school and the school will mail a copy to Toronto Public Health. Toronto Public Health accepts and translates foreign immunization records.
    3. If requesting an exemption, call  416-392-1250. 
  • Verification of date of arrival, if your child was not born in Canada. Families who are permanent residents and refugee claimants may register directly at the school. Students, who are living in the community without immigration status, are entitled to admission to school as per the Students Without Legal Immigration Status Policy. Information about them or their families will not be shared with immigration authorities.  Students without immigration status must provide paperwork to show name, date of birth, home address, country of origin and arrival date in Canada. Verification documents can include a passport, birth certificate and/or expired immigration documents.  An affidavit or signed letter of confirmation from a person of recognized standing in the Toronto community (e.g., family doctor, community shelter director, faith leader, etc.) may also be used to support verification. Schools can register these students directly, however may refer them to the International Students and Admissions Office at 5050 Yonge Street (main floor) should required verification documents not be available.