In partnership with the Food Processing Human Resources Council (FPHRC), this training and certification program focuses on providing youth with the skills to start a career in the food processing sector by connecting participants to employers, to build skills and meet recruitment needs.
Individuals enrolled in the program will participate in seven weeks of in-class sector-specific training followed by four weeks of hands-on experience through a work placement.
Program participants will be able to obtain valuable sector-specific and FPHRC-approved training certificates, including: Sanitation, HACCP, Quality Assurance, Recall & Internal Audit, Food Safety, Workplace Essentials, and more, plus a certificate of completion.
Participants completing this program will benefit from paid and unpaid work placements and may also qualify for entry-level employment in similar industries, including manufacturing, pharmaceutical, industrial design and cosmetics.
• Resident of Ontario and a Canadian Citizen or permanent resident
• Youth – up to age 29
• Post-secondary graduate
• Unemployed or under-employed
• English language proficiency (speaking and listening)
• Have interest in a career in the food processing sector
• Demonstrate commitment to complete the 11-week program
Benefits for employers:
• Access to Industry Certified post-secondary graduates seeking a career in the food processing/manufacturing field
• Assurance of Industry Standards by the FPHRC
• Free recruitment services and pre-screened candidates
• Financial incentives may be available
YFP Employer Flyer
Contact us for more information or to register:
Youth into Food Processing & Pharmaceutical