During the most recent provincial funding announcements funding for the Priority Schools Initiative (PSI) was eliminated. PSI funding provided no cost school permits to eligible community groups for eligible free or low cost programs. In recognition of the valuable services provided to our communities by the PSI program, the TDSB made a commitment to provide no cost permits to not-for-profit community groups at designated locations, provided that there is no additional costs to TDSB. Staff identified 44 TDSB schools, all located in Priority Neighbourhoods, and designated them as Local Neighbourhood Support Program (LNSP) sites. All of these sites were former PSI schools.
LNSP is modelled on the former PSI program and permits at LNSP locations are reserved for eligible groups, provided space is available. Permit applications are submitted via eBase with the applicant selecting “LNSP” as the permit type to access the list of the 44 TDSB Schools. Permit staff review each application to ensure eligibility.
For school locations offering LNSP programs, please view the
- Not for profit community organizations offering recreational programs in priority neighbourhoods
- Programs will serve children, youth and seniors
- Program meets specific community need
- Priority will be given to groups who provide free or subsidized low cost programming
- Over 75% of the participants are from the school ward or neighbourhood improvement area
|School Year (Sept - June)
||Monday to Friday
||6 p.m - 10 p.m
||March 16 to 20 2020
||9 a.m - 5 p.m
||June 29 to August 21 2020
||9 a.m - 5 p.m
No weekend hours are permitted under LNSP as the TDSB cannot incur additional costs such as caretaking overtime etc.