Elementary and Secondary Schools
Permits may be granted for the use of school spaces during the school year from September to June.
No permits will be issued for:
- Statutory holidays
- Christmas break
- March break
- Easter Monday
- Two weeks before school ends in June
- Two weeks before school starts in September
During July and August permit activity is restricted during the evening and on weekends and there is limited availability during the week-day to accommodate approved programs.
Evening Use Permits are available for schools buildings Monday to Friday from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday Use
Permit activities/events on Saturdays must end no later than midnight and on Sundays no later than 11 p.m.
All applications for permits must be received in the permit unit no later than March. Availability is based on staffing and scheduled construction projects. Requests will be processed based on availability and on the following priority of use:
- TDSB Continuing Education/Departments
- City of Toronto, Parks and Recreation - Renewals
- Community Groups/Organizations - Renewals
- Other Approved Groups/Organizations
- Summer permit activity is to end two weeks prior to school commencing in September.
- Caretaking charges apply if summer programs operate beyond the regular caretaking shift and the approved scheduled times outlined in the Permit Fee Structure.
- There is no permit activity during the evening in elementary schools and limited permit activity in secondary schools, as caretaking staff is reduced during the summer.
Parks, Forestry and Recreation summer programs operate in exclusive use spaces (leased spaces) based on the terms and conditions of their lease agreement with the TDSB.