Young adults looking for job opportunities can pursue a career in construction through the On the Road Construction Program in Toronto – for free. Receive free training for a career in construction while you get paid, gain access to building opportunities, and receive employment readiness support.
Learn the skills, tools, and terminology that you need to succeed in the trade. From construction safety to receiving your own toolkit, the On the Road program equips every program participant with everything you’ll need to start.
What to expect from On the Road
- 6 weeks of intensive construction training and pre-employment support to start your career in an entry-level construction or general labour job
- Construction Safety, Working at Heights, and WHMIS
- Get paid for 30 hours per week to attend the sessions
- One-on-one assistance with job search
- 6 weeks of paid work placement following the training
- On-going support throughout your employment
Is the On the Road program right for you
- Aged between 15 and 30 years old at the time of registration; must be out of school and out of work
- A Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or a protected person as defined by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
Program Start Dates in 2023
- May 15 to June 23, 2023
- September 11 to October 20, 2023