We are committed to ensuring that every student succeeds.
Not every family or community has access to the same opportunities and social supports. Challenges like poverty and language barriers can affect how well students do in school. Model Schools for Inner Cities is an initiative that ensures students in the inner city grow up with all the positive choices and opportunities they need to thrive. We focus on the needs of the child and by working together with students, families, community and governments; we can help make a difference.
Model Schools are committed to:
- Innovative teaching and learning practices
- Providing support services to meet social, emotional and physical well-being of students
- Establishing schools as the heart of the community
- Researching, reviewing and evaluating students and programs
- An ongoing commitment to share successful practice
The goals of Model Schools are:
- Equity: achieving fairness and equity to ensure the lives and realities of our students are reflected.
- Community: identifying the school as the heart of the community with education and school resources acting as pillars of the neighbourhood.
- Inclusiveness: providing an inclusive culture that respects and reflects all aspects of the school, its community and staff.
- High Expectations: encouraging every student to reach their potential regardless of economic or cultural background.