Planning to make Toronto your new home? We can help landed immigrants, convention refugees & protected persons, permanent residents, and other newcomers to find the information and guidance you need to work, live, and play in Toronto. Our services are completely free!
We provide services and support so you can feel empowered and gain independence in Canada.
How Newcomer Services can help
We can assist you with:
- PR renewal process
- Citizenship application & Test preparation
- Family sponsorship applications
- English language support
- Finding and integrating into the school system
- Career information
- Job search help (resume writing and interview preparation)
- Information on legal aids
- Social services
- How to budget and the finance system
- Learning about landlord and tenants’ rights
- Workers’ rights
- Skills upgrading workshops
- Translating and interpreting documents
- Filling out government forms and subsidy applications
- Seasonal tax return filing
- So much more!
We offer FREE on-site childcare services, so parents and guardians can receive services without worrying about childcare.
We also offer youth programs, including afterschool supports, like homework clubs; one-on-one academic tutoring; youth focused information sessions; employment and volunteer opportunities; and more. Check out our in-school program, Welcoming Communities, for school-aged children and youth.