The Pulse is a new online engagement tool to help the TDSB gather quick feedback from our education partners – students, parents/guardians and staff. This feedback will help the Board:
- Respond to proposed government changes;
- Inform our procedures and policies; and
- Be sure that the needs of our partners are reflected in our service delivery.
The results for each survey are posted below:
Mandatory E-Learning for All Secondary Students
Recently, the Toronto District School Board issued a survey to a random sample of parents/guardians and students, and all secondary school teachers, to better understand their views and level of support for the Government of Ontario’s plan for mandatory e-learning for all secondary students.
The results show that most students, parents/guardians and secondary school teachers do not support the government’s plan to make e-learning a mandatory requirement for graduation, nor do they believe that it will benefit students.
The key concerns expressed were:
- Lack of Face to Face Interaction Necessary for Learning;
- Inability to Meet the Needs of all Learners;
- Inequitable Access to Technology;
- Online Format of Instruction; and
- Lack of Information and Research Evidence.
In total, approximately 5,000 members of the TDSB community responded to the survey, including 428 students (Grade 7-12); 1,938 parents/guardians (Grade 2-12); and 2,730 secondary school teachers.
For more information, please read the following: