- The Ministry of Education has informed the Board that it will be receiving funding under the 2020 - 2021 Priorities and Partnerships Fund for the PRO Grant. The PRO Grant program provides funding to district school boards and to school authorities to lead projects with a focus on the identification and the removal of barriers that prevent parents and families from participating and from engaging fully in their children's learning;
- TDSB was allocated $131, 563.00 for projects that demonstrate a commitment to respecting the role of parents in students’ educational experiences. All funds must be spent and reported to the Ministry by August 21, 2021;
Funds will be allocated to support the following initiatives:
- School Council Anti-Black Racism, anti-Indigenous and anti-oppression application initiatives ($52,500 @ $1,500/School Council);
- Virtual Parent/Caregiver engagement tools and supports ($20,000);
- Conversation Series 2.0 - Going Deeper ($35,000);
- Enhanced Multi-lingual Supports ($24,063).
School Council Anti-Oppression, Anti-Black Racism, Anti-Indigenous Application
School Councils may submit one request for supports up to $1,500 to support initiatives/activities that engage parents/caregivers (including virtual), and builds School Councils’ capacity around Human Rights, Equity, Anti-Racism, Anti-Indigenous and Anti-Black Racism. School Councils may collaborate and submit one application, however allocation will remain at a maximum of $1,500 per school.
Click here to find a listing of approved presenters for your initiatives.
Projects/Initiatives will be required to
- Demonstrate a commitment to respecting the role of parents/caregivers in students’ educational experiences by working with parents/caregivers, particularly racialized parents/caregivers, Elders and School Council members;
- Include strategies for connecting, supporting and engaging racialized parents/caregivers, particularly parents who identify as Indigenous and Black;
- Provide a safe and welcoming school environment;
- Maintain open communication with teachers;/li>
- Respect parents as valued partners within the education system in relation to decisions about their child’s education;
- Project/Initiative must be completed on or before by June 30, 2021.
- Training session;
- Information sessions with guest speakers;
- Parent Resource Creation;
- Conversation Circles.
- Student initiatives;
- Staffing initiatives;
- Equipment purchases.
- A final report will be required on or before July 6, 2021.
NOTE: Any unused funds will be returned to the Board.
- Applications are due no later than 5:00 p.m. on March 1, 2021.
- Applications must be submitted virtually using the application and submission form and platform. No hard copies will be accepted.
- Applications will be reviewed and will be approved upon a first come first served basis. Please apply early, funds are limited.
2020 – 2021 PROGrant Application Form