- The Ministry of Education has informed the Board that it will be receiving funding under the 2020 - 2021 Priorities and Partnerships Fund for the PRO Grant. The PRO Grant program provides funding to district school boards and to school authorities to lead projects with a focus on the identification and the removal of barriers that prevent parents and families from participating and from engaging fully in their children's learning;
- TDSB was allocated $131, 563.00 for projects that demonstrate a commitment to respecting the role of parents in students’ educational experiences. All funds must be spent and reported to the Ministry by August 21, 2021;
2020 – 2021 PROGrant Successful Applicants
May Interim Report
Funds will be allocated to support the following initiatives:
- School Council Anti-Black Racism, anti-Indigenous and anti-oppression application initiatives ($52,500 @ $1,500/School Council);
- Virtual Parent/Caregiver engagement tools and supports ($20,000);
- Conversation Series 2.0 - Going Deeper ($35,000);
- Enhanced Multi-lingual Supports ($24,063).
School Council Anti-Oppression, Anti-Black Racism, Anti-Indigenous Application
School Councils may submit one request for supports up to $1,500 to support initiatives/activities that engage parents/caregivers (including virtual), and builds School Councils’ capacity around Human Rights, Equity, Anti-Racism, Anti-Indigenous and Anti-Black Racism. School Councils may collaborate and submit one application, however allocation will remain at a maximum of $1,500 per school.
Click here to find a listing of approved presenters for your initiatives.