Include full payment with your registration. Fees paid by cheque (certified or personal) or money order should be made payable to the ‘Toronto District School Board’ and dated at the time of registration. Post-dated cheques will not be accepted. There is an NSF cheque charge of $15.00. Fees paid by credit card (VISA or MasterCard) must include the credit card’s expiry date. Internet registration accepts credit card transactions only. Cash is accepted in person only at the Continuing Education Office at 2 Trethewey Drive, 3rd floor.
A GAINS certificate or Social Assistance document is required to qualify for the subsidy rate of $11.50 plus material fees. A current copy must be submitted with the application form to support this request. Some documents may be required to be submitted every term.This reduced rate applies to course fees only and is limited to one course per term. Seniors (65 and over) receive a 40% discount on course fees. All fees include HST. Recent changes may affect how dependents of Ontario Works recipients, confirm their eligibility for the subsidized rate. Dependents over the age of 18 who would like to register for a course must be listed on your Drug Benefit Eligibility Card. If you do not have this card, a letter from the Social Assistance office confirming the dependent will be required in order to register
Seniors receive a 40% discount on course fees. Please note, effective January 1, 2017, the age of eligibility for the senior's discount rate is 65. HST included in the fees.
For your convenience, the TDSB will be collecting material fees centrally at time of registration. No discounts apply. The TDSB makes every effort to publish these amounts when known at the time of publication. In some courses that require the use of specialty rooms and shops, a portion of the fee may go to the school for use of supplies and equipment.
The TDSB strives to meet the accommodation needs of persons with disabilities. Registrants are encouraged to make their needs for accommodation known in advance of commencing a Learn4Life class. If you require accommodation, including arrangements related to a fire safety plan, please contact the Continuing Education Office at 416.338.4111. To best serve you, please complete this form. General Interest Accommodation Form
- A minimum number of registrants is required for a class to be opened. The TDSB has the right to make the final decision to open or close a class, or to revise the fee structure.
- If a course does not meet the enrolment minimum, and is therefore cancelled, every effort will be made to accommodate you in another course. If there is no other course that is satisfactory to you, you will receive a full refund.
Withdrawals, Refunds and Credits
- A $15 administrative fee will be applied to all refund requests unless otherwise stated. This administrative fee will be waived if you accept a credit on your TDSB Community Programs Account.
- All requests for refunds or credits must be made in writing and sent by email, mail or fax.
- Fees paid by cheque or cash will be refunded by cheque after Continuing Education staff acknowledges clearance of the cheque. Allow 4-6 weeks. Fees paid by credit card will be refunded to the credit card.
For All courses:
- The TDSB will provide a full refund if we cancel a course or if we receive your request for withdrawal in writing or email before the first class. (No administrative fee is charged).
For courses under five weeks in duration:
- A refund will be issued if the TDSB receives your refund request in writing or email before the first class. No refunds or credits will be considered after the first class.
For courses five weeks or longer:
- A refund will be issued if the TDSB receives your refund request in writing or email before the second class.
- A pro-rated refund will be issued if the TDSB receives your request for refund in writing or mail after the second class, but before the third class of the course.
- No refunds or credits will be considered after the third class of a course.
For Subsidized $11.50 Course:
- There are no refunds.
- A credit will be issued if the TDSB cancels a course.