Oct. 8, 2020
Welcome to TDSB Connects, an update on news and events from across the Toronto District School Board.
- New Interim Director of Education – Dr. Kathy Witherow has been appointed as the Interim Director of Education for the Toronto District School Board. Kathy replaces Carlene Jackson who will begin her appointment as Ontario’s Comptroller General. For more information, please read the news release.
- Permanent Director of Education Search – The TDSB is in the process of recruiting its next Director of Education. To learn more, including key dates and information, please visit tdsb.on.ca/directorsearch.
- Updated Health Screening Guidelines – Toronto Public Health has updated the screening guidelines for students. Learn more about the daily self-assessment and what to do once you’ve completed it.
- Back to School Confirmation Form – In the event of a student’s suspected or confirmed illness, parents/guardians are asked to sign the Toronto Public Health Back to School Confirmation Form to confirm their child is healthy and able to return to school.
- COVID-19 Advisories – The TDSB is committed to providing up to date information about confirmed cases of COVID-19 in schools (students and staff). This information is easily accessible by clicking on the COVID-19 Advisories banner on the main webpage of www.tdsb.on.ca.
- In-Person Learning and Virtual School – For the most up to date information on in-person learning and virtual school, including parent/guardian letters, please visit tdsb.on.ca/returntoschool and tdsb.on.ca/virtualschool .
- Parent Conference – This year’s virtual conference takes place over two days – Saturday, October 24 and Sunday, October 25, which will include two amazing keynotes as well as a host of breakout sessions that you can choose to tailor to your own interests and needs. Learn more at www.parentsaspartners.ca.
- International Languages: Elementary and African Heritage (ILE-AH) – This free program welcomes JK to Grade 8 students to learn a language (except for English and French) for 2.5 hours a week. Learn more and register online today.
- Saturday International Languages Credit Program – 19 international language credit courses are available to current high school students. All courses are subject to sufficient enrolment. Online registration closes on October 9. Classes begin on Saturday, October 17.
- Student Accident Insurance – The TDSB offers student accident insurance through KidsInsured. Learn more about the coverage offered by KidsInsured. Participation is voluntary, and parents/guardians are responsible for deciding whether or not to purchase accident insurance.
- Heritage Months – The TDSB is proud to celebrate Islamic Heritage Month and Somali Heritage Month during the month of October.
- TDSB Update – Sign-up for TDSB Update and stay informed about recent Board decisions and more district-wide news.
Follow us on social media for all the latest TDSB updates.