Welcome to TDSB Connects, an update on news and events from across the Toronto District School Board.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Ministerial Order to close schools – see letter from the Director of Education for list of key TDSB programs and services, including school-based childcare centres, that are closed March 14-April 5, 2020.See also Q&A on other TDSB services, programs affected and implications on student learning and student assessment.
- School Cleaning During Closure Period – All TDSB schools received a regular cleaning after the end of the school day on March 13th. Caretaking and trades staff continue to visit school sites as required throughout the closure to ensure that they remain in a state of good repair. Caretaking staff will also be conducting additional cleaning during the week of March 30, which will focus on enhanced cleaning of high touch surfaces, desktops, washrooms and food prep areas.
- TDSB and provincial programs and activities/festival cancellations and postponements – Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test, Co-op, Dual Credit OYAP, SWAC Offsite Apprenticeship, provincial skills competitions, music festivals, spring concerts – read the full and up-to-date list here. Please check back regularly for further updates.
- Consultation on School Start and End Time Changes Continues as Online Webchats Only – We will continue to hear your views if your school is affected by next year’s changing bell times at 129 elementary schools across the city. Online webchats
will be held on Thursday, March 26 from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. and Thursday, March 26 from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. Note: the in-person information meetings for March 23 and March 26 have been cancelled.
- Postponement of Parents as Partners Conference – For a number of reasons, this year’s Parents as Partners Conference has been postponed. Read our full statement here.
- TDSB 2020-21 Budget – The TDSB has begun the budget process for the upcoming school year. TDSB’s budget is driven by the Ministry of Education’s annual Grants for Student Needs funding announcement and there may be delays due to the ongoing provincial COVID-19 containment strategy. To learn more about the process, including up to date information on upcoming Finance, Budget and Enrolment Committee meetings; public consultations; and key funding priorities and concerns, please visit the TDSB webpage for the 2020-21 Budget.
- Specialized Schools and Program Policy On-Line Consultation – The draft Specialized Schools and Programs Policy is now open for public consultation. This new policy will help more students have access to these valuable programs and opportunities. Learn more and share your voice.
- Parent and Community Involvement Policy On-Line Consultation – The Toronto District School Board is reviewing and rewriting the Parent and Community Involvement Policy to help set standards, improve consistency and further develop meaningful approaches to parent and family engagement. Learn how you can participate at www.tdsbengage.ca.
- Greek Heritage Month – Learn more about Greek Heritage Month at the TDSB.
- TDSB Update – Sign-up for TDSB Updateand stay informed about recent Board decisions and more district news.
Follow us on social media for all the latest TDSB updates