Welcome to TDSB Connects, an update on news and events from across the Toronto District School Board.
- Labour Negotiations: The Elementary Teachers’ Federation of Ontario (ETFO) announced further job action that will begin on Monday, January 13, if no agreement is reached. Parents/Guardians of elementary students have been emailed directly about the implications for elementary schools. For on-going labour updates, for both elementary and secondary schools, please visit www.tdsb.on.ca/labour.
- Junior Extended French Parent/Guardian Information Sessions: This year, there will be two virtual (online webchat) information sessions for parents/guardians interested in the Junior Extended French (Gr. 4 entry) application process. For more information, including dates and times for each session, please visit www.tdsb.on.ca/French and click on Information Sessions .
- Secondary Program Review and Optional Attendance Policy – Virtual Public Consultations: The TDSB is undertaking a review of secondary schools to ensure all students have equitable access to programs and opportunities. As part of this review, the Board is also reviewing the Optional Attendance Policy (P013), which allows students to apply to schools other than their designated school by home address. On January 30, 2020, we will be hosting two virtual information sessions and invite you to join us. For more information on the proposed changes and other ways to provide feedback, please visit the TDSB webpage for Secondary Program Review .
- Kindergarten Registration Begins in February: Learn more about the Kindergarten program and registration requirements at www.tdsb.on.ca/kindergarten. We look forward to welcoming new students and families in September!
- Parents as Partners Conference: Save the date for the Parents as Partners Conference on Saturday, March 28, 2020. Connect with other parents, network with community agencies and TDSB staff and attend a variety of workshops. Registration opens mid-February!
- Winter is Here: From time to time, it’s possible that severe winter weather could lead to the cancellation of student transportation, classes or programs or, on rare occasions, the closure of schools and administrative sites. More information is available on the TDSB webpage for Severe Weather .
- Tamil Heritage Month: In January, the TDSB is proud to recognize Tamil Heritage Month . Learn more about how we are celebrating!
- TDSB Update: Sign-up for TDSB Update and stay informed about recent Board decisions and district-wide news.
Follow us on social media for all the latest TDSB updates