Welcome to TDSB Connects, an update on news and events from across the Toronto District School Board.
- TDSB Appoints New Interim Director of Education – On Thursday, Dec. 17, TDSB Chair Alexander Brown announced the appointment of Karen Falconer as TDSB’s Interim Director of Education. Karen will step into role following the retirement of Dr. Kathy Witherow at the end of December 2020. For more information, please read the news release.
- Winter Break COVID-19 Information – During the winter break, it is important that we continue to play our part to keep our communities healthy and safe and ensure that students and staff can safely return to school in January 2021. To learn more, please read the web story Winter Break: COVID-19 Information for Parents/Guardians.
- Mental Health and Well-Being – Supporting our mental health and well-being during this time is critical. Check out our Winter Well-Being Guide from our Professional Support Services staff, and find direct resources and access to services for students and families on our mental health and well-being website.
- Elementary Switching Survey – Please complete a switching survey by January 4 to indicate if your child is interested in switching between in-person and virtual learning at the next opportunity. The information gathered through this survey will help inform decision-making for this last opportunity to switch for the 2020-21 school year. Please note, it does not guarantee a switch will be possible.
- Secondary Switching – Students who are interested in requesting a switch from in-person learning to virtual learning or from virtual learning to in-person learning for Quadmester 3 can do so before January 11, 2021. For more information and specific details about how to request a change in learning models, please visit the switching web page. All secondary switches will take effect for the start of Quadmester 3 on February 8, 2021.
- NEW Middle French Immersion (Grade 4 Entry) Program – The Middle French Immersion (Grade 4 entry) application process opens on January 4 and closes on January 29. For more information or to apply online please visit, www.tdsb.on.ca/French website or click on Application Process.
- Trending@TDSB – Outdoor education is happening all across the TDSB! Read our latest trending@tdsb article about the creative and innovative ways TDSB staff are keeping students engaged in outdoor spaces.
- TDSB Approves 10-Year Planning Strategy (2020-2029) – The Long-Term Program and Accommodation Strategy, which is aligned with the Board’s Multi-Year Strategic Plan, outlines program and student accommodation studies to be conducted over the next ten years and allows the TDSB to develop plans to balance enrolment and increase access to programs and opportunities for all students.
TDSB Update – Sign-up for TDSB Update and stay informed about recent Board decisions and more district-wide news.
Follow us on social media for all the latest TDSB updates.