Whitney is located in a well-established residential district in the Rosedale/Moore Park area. The first school was built in 1926 and the current building in 1964. Some parents and grandparents of our students also attended the school. In May 2001, we celebrated the school's 75th anniversary.
- The school population is approximately 280 and most students live in the school's catchment area.
- The school has a child care centre and an outstanding record of parental involvement.
- Staff and parents work together to support School Improvement
- Many unique initiatives provide enrichment opportunities and experiences for all students.
- Many opportunities for students to be involved in outreach programs and give to other communities.
We have many different initiatives in place to support literacy and numeracy and they continue to be a focus of our School Improvement Planning process. The Principal works with the staff and parents to develop a School Improvement Plan that clearly identifies specific areas requiring improvement and the programs and resources required to improve student success.