Runnymede Jr. & Sr. Public School is located in Bloor West Village, north of Bloor Street, west of High Park. The school was first founded in 1913 as a one-room schoolhouse and presently approximately 1,100 students. Runnymede is a dual track school offering both regular English and French Immersion programs from Kindergarten to Grade 8 . We are known for academic excellence and rigour. In addition, we have a very strong Performing Arts programs including Band, Drama, and Strings .
At Runnymede Public School we foster an environment of mutual respect and individual responsibility. Our Safe Schools Plan, Code of Conduct and Dress Code reflect our goal to achieve a learning environment that is safe, nurturing, positive and respectful. The expectations of the students at Runnymede Public School are:
- Attend classes promptly and regularly, ready to work
- Be courteous to and respectful of peers, staff, visitors
- Be respectful of the property of others and of all school property
- Maintain an appropriate standard of hygiene and dress
- Follow the TDSB Code of On-Line Conduct when using computers