École Owen Public School is located in an area of York Mills that was originally the St. Andrew's Golf Course. École Owen is a dual track school offering instruction in both English (JK - Gr. 5) and French Immersion (SK - Gr. 5). Our school has multi-cultural diversity with one third of the children speaking a language other than English at home.
It is the mission of École Owen Public School to work with parents to provide a learning environment that recognizes each child's unique learning style and needs and enables each one to realize his or her full potential: academically, socially, emotionally and physically.
Students and staff at Owen:
- honour a student's right to learn;
- respect the rights, freedom, and property of others;
- value a positive, friendly, and supportive school environment;
- are entitled to be free from discrimination and/or physical or verbal abuse;
- teach, learn, and play free from disruptive behaviour and language.