Homework Tips for Grade 1 to 8
|Help your child develop good study habits early that will help them throughout their education.
• Praise and encourage
• Set a consistent homework time each night
• Provide a quiet place away from distractions
• Have your child practise math, reading and writing daily
• Encourage conversation about what your child is learning in school
• Read together
• Let your child help you read and write recipes, newspapers, letters or shopping lists
• Encourage your children to ask for help
• Keep in touch with teachers
• Check that homework is completed
• Get some great English and math learning activities for students in Grade 1 to 8, here.
• Get learning activities for JK to Grade 5 students from TVO
• Ask a Teacher! Visit the Independent Learning Centre
• Online Homework Help for Math Grades 7-10