Class sizes in the Secondary Virtual School will be the same as the in-person model. Class size in secondary schools is determined by the type of course. For example:
- Academic (target of 30 students)
- Applied (target of 23 students)
- University (target of 31 students)
- College (target of 26 students)
- University/College (target of 31 students)
- Quad 1: September 22 - November 17
- Quad 2: November 23 - February 2
- Quad 3: February 8 - April 20
- Quad 4: April 23 - June 23
Entering From or Returning to In-Person Learning
We recognize that parents/guardians and/or students may want to switch between in-person and virtual learning. It is important to note that, for health and safety reasons, and because of the impact switching would have on staffing, physical distancing and space allocation, it will not be possible to immediately transition between the two models. Learn more about switching between the two models.
Structure of the Day
Students may take one or two courses per quadmester. Course 1 will meet online in the morning from 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Course 2 will meet online in the afternoon from 12:30 to 3 p.m.
As per the Ministry of Education, teachers in the Virtual School will deliver two hours per course/per day in a synchronous (live, online) format. There will also be time for asynchronous (independent work) learning, which may include small group learning, tutorials, and one-on-one support. Daily attendance will be taken.