After a two year break due to COVID-19, we are thrilled to invite students, staff and their families and friends to join the loud and proud TDSB contingent as the Toronto PRIDE parade returns in-person this Sunday, June 26, 2022. Please come out and join us, everyone is welcome!
This year’s parade will be different than it has been in the past as PRIDE Toronto is making attempts to become more environmentally friendly and to go “greener.” It is important to note that due to new regulations put in place by Pride Toronto the size of the TDSB float will be much smaller than in previous years with reduced rider capacity. Pride Toronto is encouraging marchers this year- bikes, scooters, rollerblades or any of other energy efficient mode of transportation- are welcome!
- We're asking all walking TDSB participants to gather between 1:30 and 2:00 pm at Asquith Green Park (west side of Church St.,1 block north of Bloor).
- TDSB staff will be waiting at the park to hand out TDSB Pride T-shirts and direct everyone to our mustering point (Ted Rogers Way and Charles Street).
- Participants will have the option of marching in the Parade or riding on the TDSB float.
- The Parade will begin moving from Bloor and Church St at 3:00 pm. The parade will head west then turn south on Yonge St ending at Yonge Dundas Square at 6:00pm.
- On Parade day, follow all the fun via Twitter (#PrideTDSB). For more information, please contact Jim Spyropoulos at Jim.Spyropoulos@tdsb.on.ca or Melanie Pearce at email@example.com
- Bring water, snacks, sunscreen and anything that will keep you hydrated and refreshed.
- The Parade is on rain or shine
Pride Parade Map for TDSB Contingent