The largest and most diverse school board in Canada, the Toronto District School Board, has officially posted the job for its next Director of Education. Interested candidates are asked to apply by Wednesday, Oct. 28, 2020.
The recruitment process is being led by a Director Search Committee comprised of Trustees with the assistance of Mandrake, an executive search firm. To date, the process has included an informational webinar, internal and external consultations, including public delegations, which helped inform the candidate profile and job posting. The information gathered will also assist with evaluating candidates during the interview phase.
The successful candidate will hold the most senior executive position in the TDSB, who will oversee 583 schools; 247,000 students; 130,000 life-long learners in Adult and Continuing Education programs; and approximately 42,000 staff. Highlights of responsibilities include:
- ensuring that diversity, inclusion and equity initiatives are reflected in the programs and supports for students and staff;
- transforming learning and instruction;
- fostering relationships with stakeholders; and,
- ensuring that all students have access to opportunities to learn and achieve.
For more information, including a more in-depth description of the recruitment process and key dates, please visit - www.tdsb.on.ca/directorsearch.
- The Director of Education position was posted on Wednesday, Oct. 7, 2020.
- Dr. Kathy Witherow has been appointed the TDSB’s Interim Director of Education. She will serve in this position until a permanent Director of Education is secured.
“It’s important that we listen to our communities and staff to better understand what they value in a leader of one of the largest and most diverse school boards in North America. It’s also critical that we are open and transparent about this process as we move forward. I am proud of the work that has been done so far and I am confident that we will attract a top field of candidates.”
– Alexander Brown, Chair, TDSB and Trustee, Ward 12