Every day, we see excellence in our system. It happens in classrooms, schools, offices and work sites and it is in all 40,000 TDSB staff members who share a common goal: to help our students achieve their very best.
The Excellence Awards recognize outstanding staff achievement. Each year, staff, students, parents and community members are invited to nominate a TDSB staff member or team whose efforts – guided by the Vision for Learning, Integrated Equity Framework and Service Excellence – have made a difference in their lives. This year, we recognized 14 extraordinary individuals who truly go above and beyond to allow our school communities to thrive. And the support, engagement, encouragement and spirit they provide fuels our community and is an inspiration to all those they meet and work with.
This year’s recipients reflect the wide scope of the TDSB, demonstrating how every staff member has an impact on students, staff and the TDSB community. Outstanding staff will be honoured at the 2018 Excellence Awards Recognition Event on May 24, 2018.
It’s important that we recognize the great work of our outstanding staff across the system. Recognizing our staff not only celebrates their accomplishments and efforts, it inspires others to excel in their own roles. Visit our website to learn more about this year’s Excellence Award winners.
Congratulations to all the winners!
Excellence Winners 2018
- Carrie Ali, Caretaker – Fairmount Public School
- Larissa Aradj, Teacher – Lord Lansdowne Junior Public School and Arianna Lambert, Teacher –Shaughnessy Public School, #TDSBed
- Paula Burgess, Teacher – Georges Vanier Secondary School
- Laura Erwin, Teacher – John McCrae Public School
- My-Linh Hang Coleman, Teacher – Eastview Public School
- Lauren Hortie, Teacher – Oasis Alternative Secondary School
- Agnes Iliopoulos, Executive Assistant and Chasta Assoon, Legal Assistant/Law Clerk – Legal Services
- Judith Kramer, Principal – Dovercourt Public School
- Lauren Pacheco, Child and Youth Worker – James S Bell Junior Middle Sports and Wellness Academy
- Steve Whitaker, Teacher – Baycrest Public School
- Munshu Wong, Media Specialist – Government, Public & Community Relations
- Jian Feng Yang, Lunch Room Supervisor – Finch Public School