Apply now for the Director's Gender and Sexuality Alliance Awards and you could win $1,000 for your school's GSA.
For the past ten years, the Director’s GSA Awards have recognized and honoured Gender Sexuality Alliances (GSAs) across the Toronto District School Board.
These GSAs have:
- Centred 2SLGBTQ+ Black, Indigenous, Latinx, racialized students, students with disabilities and students who may not be “out,” who may not use the labels 2SLGBTQ+, but who may be same gender loving, or exploring diverse sexual and gender identities and expressions;
- Anticipated and responded to unique challenges with love, resilience, and creativity;
- Showed up and created affirming, loving, and accessible spaces and moments during a global pandemic that was especially hard on marginalized queer and trans communities;
- Engaged in collective care, while building meaningful connections and relationships across communities;
- Demanded accountability and liberation through intersectional activism, education, collective freedom dreaming, and future world building.
Application deadline is Friday, December 3, 2021 at 4 p.m. To apply click here