Toronto District School Board
Skip to main content

John Fisher Junior Public School

School History

John Fisher Public School is the oldest elementary school in the TDSB. Originally built as a log cabin in 1816 to serve the agricultural village of Eglinton, the current brick building was erected in 1887. In 1915 it was renamed John Fisher Public School in honour of the first mayor of North Toronto and architect of the school.

© 2014 Toronto District School Board  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy   |  CASL