June is Pride Month 2022 at the TDSB! It’s an opportunity to celebrate diversity and raise awareness among all staff and students about the rich culture and history of our 2SLGBTQIA+ community. TDSB school communities are encouraged to hold intentional sessions with their students about issues related to 2SLGBTQIA+ communities as well as the impact of homophobia, transphobia and biphobia on TDSB students, staff and community members.
To launch Pride Month, Director of Education Colleen Russell-Rawlins shared a message to 2SLGBTQIA+ students and staff and our entire TDSB community: Happy Pride! Message from the TDSB Director of Education.
The TDSB GSA network is proud to present its second annual virtual Pride Week, taking place May 30 - June 3, 2022.
Pride Week Highlights
- Opening Pride Month Video (All ages)
- Drag Storytime videos with Fay and Fluffy (All ages)
- Tea Condo with live performances (Grades 6 and up)
- Ace/Aro Event (Secondary)
- Queer Kahoot (Quahoot) (Secondary)
- Transition to High School panel (Grades 7-8)
- Arts-based Creative Workshop (Grades 4 and up)
To learn more about our Pride Week activities and how to get involved, please visit the GSA website or GSA's Instagram. Join the conversation online and share how you're recognizing Pride Month this year with #PrideTDSB.
We look forward to celebrating Pride 2022 with all our 2SLGBTQIA+ students, staff, and allies.