Environment Canada has issued a Snowfall Warning for the City of Toronto with a significant amount of snow in the forecast for overnight and tomorrow. Given the forecast, the snow may impact our ability to run school buses and open schools to in-person learning. As usual, we will assess the situation first thing in morning and make a decision and share it by 6 a.m. as per the TDSB’s Severe Weather Procedure.
If the decision is made to cancel buses and close schools to in-person learning, all schools will be moving to remote learning for the day.
While we had shared last month that if buses were cancelled, it would be a typical “snow day” (no live learning), as the entire system has already been learning remotely for almost two weeks and given the disruptions to students’ learning, we feel it would be best to extend remote learning for one additional day in Kindergarten to Grade 12. This is especially important as we anticipate an increased number of students and staff absences as a result of COVID-19 and related isolations over the upcoming weeks.
Again, the final decision will be made first thing in the morning and we will share that decision by 6 a.m. so that families can plan accordingly.