The original Woburn Public School (S.S.#6) was built on Markham Road just north of Ellesmere in 1844. It was replaced in 1863 by a one-room brick structure. This school closed in 1956 and was later demolished.
The present day Woburn Junior Public School opened in September 1964 with a student population of 200. It now serves a diverse multicultural community with many students speaking Gujarati or Tamil as their first language.
Woburn Junior Public School is a Model School with a population of approximately 350 students.