Downsview Public School is located on Keele Street, just north of Wilson Avenue, and south of Sheppard Avenue West. The first Downsview Public School was erected in 1850. The present building opened in 1948. Our school serves approximately 200 enthusiastic, bright, and industrious students. We have a very diverse, multicultural, multifaith, and multilingual student population. In fact, we have over 25 languages represented at Downsview. Other than English, the most common languages spoken are Turkish, Tagalog, Vietnamese, Spanish, Hungarian, Kurdish and Tamil. This diversity makes for a rich texture, and enriches teaching and learning for everyone. We strive to be inclusive and to make all of our families feel welcome.