King George Junior Public School is located in the Runnymede area, southeast of Jane and Dundas Streets. Opened in 1911, the year of King George V's coronation, it replaced Elizabeth Street School, built in 1882. The present building opened in 1964. With 194 students, a family atmosphere exists in which students, teachers and parents know one another well.
Our motto is "Small in Size - Large in Accomplishments". This motto is borne out in our many successes in academic, artistic, and athletic endeavours.