Howard Public School is located in the High Park/Roncesvalles community.
It began as a small country school in 1874. The present building was constructed in 1970 as an "open concept" school with three "houses": Anderson House, Maison Neuve and Clarke House. Each house has a common area surrounded by six individual classrooms. The three Kindergartens and music room are in separate classrooms.